[Record Post] (S547) (UFO) Lost Island (SI.1474)

Hello everyone! I’m Cry1is of SEN, currently reporting from the UFO (Area 51) alliance on 547! This post will include my initial observations, our strategy going into the event, and some of the resources that I have at my disposal!

Initial Observations

As part of our initial analysis, we collected the groundhog scores of all of the enemy alliances!

As you can see, every alliance has one opponent for their clash zone. green/blue and yellow/orange will additionally fight in the neutral areas that were not claimed by any alliance.

Strategy

SEN has a document that we use for all strategy on the island. It includes specific direction around how we will rally buildings, how we will fight against towers, and how we will figure out our alliance schedule! The one that I will share today is around schedule. I have provided a short snippet of that document below.

At the beginning of every event, we put schedules on the calendar for every hour from Monday-Sunday so that alliance members can RSVP to the times throughout the week that they are available to attend! This makes it very easy to see when people are available.

Resources

One of our members has created a website where we can keep track of all towers and buffs, and by using it, we can visualize the map outside of the game!

5 Likes

Hello all! Update on the island of UFO. Here I will share our rally strategy that will enable us to have the highest chance at taking enemy buildings! It also saves us time :slight_smile:

Here’s how it works. Everyone is required to join only one rally leader with all 4 marches. They should not split their units between multiple rallies. This allows us to also use the teleport strategy to cancel the return time.

I feel comfortable sharing this kind of strategy because it is pretty much impossible to implement unless you start the event doing it. It requires a lot of coordination and also that the rally leaders dismiss individuals who do not join the first rally.

4 Likes

Hello all!

It’s time for a strategy update. This time, I’ll show you UFO’s pathing strategy for towers in order to spend the least and travel the farthest distance! This can be used for all future islands where your alliance is yellow :slight_smile:

The goal in the home zone is to get the most influence while spending the least amount of towers. This gave us enough time to save a full day of clay, and make it to the cyan zone wonder in 2 days instead of 3. The path that you see in the clash zone is designed to capture the wonder as soon as it opens, then use the terrain advantage to push purple completely out of the clash zone!

The last image shows the results of this planning. We successfully took purple’s residence and will now be building horizontally to cut them off and prevent them from building further south!

6 Likes

Hello all!

Here’s my update on the current situation in the clash and tree zones. As you can see, green and yellow both conquered their respective clash zones, but pink, orange and purple worked together at the same time to start invading yellow’s clash.

Green and yellow were tentatively allied, but since the tree zone opened, green has been preoccupied with blue, forcing yellow into a 1v3 against purple, magenta, and orange. The goal of this group of 3 alliances is to take yellow’s clash wonder, thereby gaining the additional rewards.

There are 12 days left on this island, meaning yellow has 12 days to protect their wonder. Magenta proved to be much stronger than first expected, with multiple people running farm accounts with synced motions. Because of this exploit, magenta has an average of 40 hills in every single fight, compared to the average of 10 in every other alliance on the island. While not uncounterable, it is certainly oppressive on this island, and will likely result in magenta owning the tree in the end.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m here with an update on the situation in the south clash zone. 1v3 is difficult for anyone, including us, so we had to be very clever with our tower placement in order to hold out against 3 other alliances!

The first image is the same one from the previous post, where magenta was pushing into the south clash. The second image is of yellow spending 5 towers to destroy 13 of magenta’s towers. The third and fourth images show magenta and purple’s continuing push.

One unique fact about this fight is that magenta is active from 00:00 UTC to around 15:00 UTC. Yellow is active from around 15:00 UTC to around 4:00 UTC. This means that most of the time, we aren’t fighting each other, but instead are burning each other’s towers and taking buildings without resistance.

This allows yellow to be clever with their tower placement. If they had to spend 9 towers every day to push back one alliance, then the other two alliances would be able to push towards the clash wonder unopposed. Instead, yellow placed their towers carefully and was able to slow down all three alliances from pushing their wonder!

Ultimately, 1v3 is not possible, so in my next post I will be discussing more about the master plan between green, yellow, and blue! The main reason that we are working together is because magenta is using over 20 farms in every single battle, and they are marching almost simultaneously, making it impossible to hold any buildings or towers against them, since they just spam you with farms, making it so that they have much more total fungi in any given fight.

I’ve included a chart below of what the number of hills defeated looks like with the addition of these 20+ farms. Ordinarily, yellow would crush magenta, but since they are using all of these farms, the fight is much more equal than it should be. The number next to the text of whales, strong, mid, weak etc. notifies an arbitrary “combat value” of each alliance based on the accounts in the battle, and how many of the enemy that account can beat on average.

One thing that the chart does not account for is that by using 24 farms, when they are in a tower, or attacking a building, they reduce the durability much quicker than would be expected with their fighting power.

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m here with the grand finale of the UFO Lost Island event :slight_smile:

On this island, yellow was certainly at the top of the bracket, able to beat any other alliance 1v1 (blue, green, orange, purple), with one exception: pink.

Pink was on another level from everyone else on the island. Most alliances peaked around 14-18 members during the most active times of the event. Yellow peaked at 28 active members. Pink peaked at 50 active members. Pink had over 30 interesting hills in addition to its 20 main hills. Additionally, they had one member with only 250M kills, but with every single paid insect, every single paid ant, and 1700% in attack and defense with 600% in health on shooters, not including the island buffs. This final hill came in only when they started to lose any engagement. They picked up 500M kills in only the final days’ battle and tripled their kills.

In many battles, their accounts would teleport around towers and fill them constantly with all 4 units. These farms all had the same unit makeup, and I counted 5 distinct groups of 5 hills each that participated in these kinds of battles, and then a scattering of individuals with 2 or 3-hill groups. I’ve included an example below.

UFO lost this island, but not because we weren’t the best :slight_smile: Many factors played into Que winning the island. In order to understand it, you’ll have to learn what the final battles were like. For that, I’ll refer you to my fellow observer’s post, Darling. Thank you all for coming along with me on this journey! I’ve included some map progression images below for your viewing pleasure.

Wonder Battle

Tree Battle

4 Likes