S590 SOH - Blitzkrieg- Interview with my R5

This interview has been translated from Spanish to English. Other than translation, the answers have been unedited

BACKGROUND AND ALLIANCE

BLITZKRIEG: To start, please tell us a little about yourself and your alliance (How you came to 590 and your Ants background, how did you start SOH, and about the core members of the alliance):

SIRE: Hello. First of all, it is a pleasure for me to be part of these interviews. I really like that those who make the game work listen to the players about their stories, their expectations and their concerns.

My real name is Sebastián and I live in Argentina. I have always been a lover of strategy. I came to The Ants after leaving another game. I played Ikariam from 2014 to 2022 without interruption (although I had also played a bit before). But I got fed up and chose this game. I was always at 590. I was a complete newbie when I entered the VIP alliance and my leader was Russian. When the war between Russia and Ukraine started, he said that he would go on a trip and come back in a week. But he never came back.

At that time our alliance (which was the most powerful on the server under his rule) fell into a period where leaders took office and resigned. The crisis did not stop. I took over at a time when the vast majority of players had gone to the other two strongest alliances. As you can imagine, stability was a long way off for us. In fact, we came very close to being left out of the tree rotation. We became an alliance that kept the balance between the other two. Let’s say, a third position (although we had a formal alliance with one of them).

In order not to dwell on this too much, I will say that we merged a couple of times. We also participated in two wars. The second one was the hardest for me mentally, and it happened before the first island. I reached my limit and almost gave up my part in leadership. Fortunately, my companions did not let me fall. We won both periods of wars(with allies of course. LAN in the first war, the strongest alliance on the server. HOT and RSG in the second. We fought ROA first and then ExE). However, this latest war killed the server, regardless of who was to blame.

Well, I explain all this because it greatly influenced the formation of LxT (today SOH). We are a mix of LAN, VIP, TLO and HOT players. Even today we have former ExE, IMO, HLL, Los, L5D and TIB players in our ranks. We are a melting pot of nations and alliances. Many say that we are a Latino alliance. But actually there are French, Spanish, American, Italian, Canadian, Turkish, German, Austrian, Arab and Indian among us. And we are proud and happy that it is so, you know?

It’s strange sometimes to have to think about the main players in the alliance. I have always considered that we all do our bit to make SOH a worthy alliance to face (or, conversely, join). If I have to think about the hard core of what SOH is today (considering the people who will leave in the next crossserver, as well as the ones who will come), I would mention Dionisia, Leosaw, KingCanada, Dalay, Blitzkrieg, Lightning Catcher, Grizz, PSLearner, Daniel, Peter, ViudaNegra, Andi and Lucifer.

Dionisia is a player who is always very motivated when it comes to making SOH a better alliance. That is, she always tries to bring new ideas so that we are more organized without losing the fun. She is also our chief diplomat. She is one of the people who contribute the most in the leadership of the alliance. Our contact is almost permanent.

Leosaw is our blueprints and information man. He is a slightly more experienced player than all of us. He plays on a server a bit older than ours and has been on more islands than we have. Also, he is also participating in BL right now. Which is a plus for SOH. But he is not only a person with a lot of information, he is also a very intelligent and calm person!

KingCanada is a great player and his word carries a lot of weight with the players in our alliance. He has been to two islands with us and he played a very important role on the island we won. He’s definitely a strategist.

Well, I would like to talk a little about each player. I feel like everyone has a part in making SOH what SOH is. Even the players I haven’t named. But I also don’t want to be cruel to our readers. Sometimes I write too much. I guess it’s the writer’s malady. Yes, I also like to write.

LOST ISLAND

BLITZKRIEG: Tell me about your past experiences on Lost Island (the good, the bad, and what was your favorite part of being on Lost Island):

SIRE: Oh, the islands have been a roller coaster. We lost the first, we won the second, we lost the third. But after each island we became stronger. Even our defeat on the third island was a victory for us. I’ll tell you why. I had a very bad experience on the first island. There were some very self-centered people in the alliance that ruined the good internal climate. And we also suffered a betrayal from our ally PAL at that time, you know? I have heard that they do the same on all the islands.

In the third it was very hard. We found ourselves involved in a series of alliance formation, alliance breaking, betrayals, conspiracies, among many other things. But we fought very hard until the end. And we earned the respect of many players and alliances. I want to highlight our two allies on that island: TIB and IMO. They fought alongside us, shedding every last drop of their blood despite the fact that the situation was unfair to the three of us.

Nowadays many IMO and TIB players are in SOH preparing for Barren Lands. We will fight together again. I also want to mention that the rest of TIB has also joined our server recently, and I think the future of our friendship is really bright. My favorite part on the island is fighting as a team with my comrades. It is fun. And you know that even if you fight, in the end you will recover most of the resources.

Oh my other favorite part is winning. But we all know that the normal thing is to lose. There are 7 other alliances that have chances to take the prize out of your hands (even if you are the strongest alliance on the island).

BLITZKRIEG: If you could improve or change anything on Lost Island, what would it be?

SIRE: If I could change something on the lost island…I think I would add the ability to make formal alliances and have those alliances share the prize. We all know that on the islands people make alliances. But many times those same allies end up gouging each other out and betraying each other for silly prizes. The island format creates a climate where you can almost never fully trust your ally. You know the tension is constant.

Another thing I would like to change is that there should be a lot of spaces in this new range (R0). Honestly, there are players who ruin your island and diplomacy for disobeying rules. And you can’t do anything to stop it. So an R0 with unlimited slots would fix the problem (even if your number of functional players was reduced).

BLITZKRIEG: I understand that SOH recently won their Lost Island event. Can you tell us how you were able to achieve this amazing accomplishment? What was the strategy that you used?

SIRE: Our second island. I love to remember her. I enjoyed it a lot. We were called Laugh Tale(LxT) back then. When we won, we were all very happy and felt on top of the world. To really win an island is an indescribable moment. Perhaps it is an emotion similar to when your country wins a soccer world cup (saving the distances). But this time you and your teammates are responsible for winning it. And you know that winning it is not easy. That is to say… It is an achievement of your alliance and everyone will carry it in their hearts forever.

Also, winning an island usually consolidates the group. Everything is good If I had to mention what made us win the island, I think I would say that we chose our allies well in the wonderland. But we also choose well when to fight. Fighting is fun. But you must have gasoline for the end. Or you will lose.

We also used a schedule for our towers planned by Leosaw which worked perfectly and kept order (since it divided the schedules into three slots, covering all of our towns). In the end, the 8 alliances randomly submitted the first capture of the tree, and it was obtained by JPN from server #595. He started destroying all the towers little by little (which was a logical move) after the “rotation” ended and they regained control of the tree.

The agreement had been that, at the end of the rotation, each alliance could act as they wished. One of the alliances locked into its own starting zone. The other 6 alliances decided to unite and take the tree from JPN. And we did it, playing as a team. After removing their towers from the tree, we attacked the JPN tree on the last day in the last hour of the island. All at once. LxT got it. But, except for our faithful ally YoY, the other alliances decided to attack our tree too. We had to defend him for 20 “long” minutes. They were the most intense minutes of our lives in The Ants. But we won.

I want to thank YoY and their leader Muscle Suguru again for being great allies on the island, and for helping us defend the tree when everyone wanted to take it from us.

BARREN LAND

BLITZKRIEG: I know that everyone is getting excited for the new Barren Land event. How you are preparing for this event, and what are your expectations for it?

SIRE: You are definitely right. We are all very excited for Barren Lands. There are too many expectations. I think BL comes to correct some of Lost Island’s shortcomings. But also, I think it will be something very new for all players.

Well, I think I already talked a little about this. Sorry to be repetitive. But we have recruited a large number of very active and very strong players for this new event. Many of them were (and some still are) from TIB and IMO.

We are also thinking of new strategies to organize ourselves. But it’s hard to prevent any failure until you finally experience the Barren Lands for the first time. Even having information in advance thanks to our players who participate in servers that are already participating in BL.

BLITZKRIEG: Barren Land will have three alliances working together as one faction. What do you think the potential advantages and disadvantages will be working with two other alliances?

SIRE: Clearly one of the advantages is that you know that your ally is not going to betray you. Also, it will be fun since the duels will be relatively fair. That is to say… There won’t be 2 vs 3, for example. Or 5 vs 3.

But it will also have its drawbacks. By itself, even in your own alliance there are “egos” and also very different opinions that sometimes even challenge your leadership. Imagine three alliances united in the same chat discussing which is the best way to go. Clearly it will be difficult to agree on some occasions. And that can be a big disadvantage.

Another drawback I find is the issue of peacetime. Heck, imagine if your other two allies vote for a time that doesn’t suit your alliance. Most of the time you’re online you couldn’t do anything.

CLOSING

BLITZKRIEG: Are there any other feedbacks or concerns you would like to add about either Lost Island or Barren Land?

SIRE: There is a situation that worries me a lot. I think sometimes it’s confusing to know when an event starts or when the island or wastelands are unlocked. It happened when we were waiting for the first island. And it happens now with Barren Lands. And I’m sure this is also being experienced by servers who haven’t had their first island yet. I think it would be a great thing if the game specified the exact date registration begins for that particular event. Alliances could prepare better for these fun events that the game offers us.

Special Note - Finally, if you allow me, I want to say hello to all my friends and colleagues from SOH. Each one of you is very important to me and to the alliance. I love the group we are forming. They are all great people. Thank you for everything you do every day for and for the alliance. I hope we continue to have as much fun as we have so far. I love you so much.

BLITZKRIEG: Thank you for taking the time to do this interview, Sire. I look forward to building this alliance and server with you. There are a lot of great people in SOH, and I feel privileged to call them all my new family. I would also like to give a special thanks to ViudaNegra for bringing me into this amazing alliance. I’m excited to see what we can do in the events and on our server.

7 Likes

Todas las respuestas en esta entrevista no han sido editadas

ANTECEDENTES Y ALIANZA

BLITZKRIEG: Para comenzar, cuéntenos un poco sobre usted y su alianza (cómo llegó a 590 y sus antecedentes en Ants, cómo comenzó SOH y sobre los miembros principales de la alianza):

SIRE: Hola. Primero que nada, es un placer para mí ser parte de estas entrevistas. Realmente me da gusto que los que se encargan de que el juego funcione escuchen a los jugadores sobre sus historias, sus expectativas y sus inquietudes.

Mi verdadero nombre es Sebastián y vivo en Argentina. Mi nombre en el juego es Sire Selahedinë. Siempre he sido amante de la estrategia. Llegué a The Ants luego de dejar otro juego. Jugué Ikariam desde 2014 hasta 2022 ininterrumpidamente(aunque también había jugado un poco antes). Pero me cansé y elegí este juego. Siempre estuve en 590. Era un completo novato cuando entré a la alianza VIP y mi líder era ruso. Cuando comenzó la guerra entre Rusia y Ucrania, dijo que se iría de viaje y volveria en una semana. Pero nunca volvió.

En ese momento nuestra alianza(que era la más poderosa del servidor bajo su mandato) cayó en un periodo en donde los líderes asumían y renunciaban. La crisis no se detenía. Asumí el liderazgo en un momento en que la gran mayoria de los jugadores se habian ido a las otras dos alianzas más fuertes. Como te imaginarás, la estabilidad era algo muy lejano para nosotros. De hecho, estuvimos muy cerca de quedar afuera de la rotación del árbol. Nos convertimos en una alianza que mantenía el equilibrio entre las otras dos. Digamos, una tercera posición(aunque teníamos una alianza formal con una de ellas).

Para no extenderme demasiado en ésto, diré que nos fusionamos un par de veces. También participamos de dos guerras. La segunda fue la más dura para mí mentalmente, y ocurrió antes de la primera isla. Llegué a mi límite y casi renuncio a mi parte en el liderazgo. Afortunadamente, mis compañeros no me dejaron caer. Ganamos ambos períodos de guerras(con aliados, porsupuesto. LAN en la primera guerra, la alianza más fuerte del servidor. HOT y RSG en la segunda. Luchamos primero contra ROA y luego contra ExE). Sin embargo esta última guerra acabó con el servidor, independientemente de quién haya sido el culpable.

Bueno, explico todo ésto porque influyó mucho en la formación de LxT(hoy SOH). Somos una combinación de jugadores de LAN, VIP, TLO y HOT. Incluso hoy en día tenemos entre nuestras filas a ex jugadores de ExE, IMO, HLL, Los, L5D y TIB. Somos un crisol de naciones y alianzas. Muchos dicen que somos una alianza latina. Pero en realidad hay franceses, españoles, estadounidenses, italianos, canadienses, turcos, alemanes, austríacos, árabes e indios entre nosotros. Y estamos orgullosos y felices de que así sea ¿Sabes?

Es extraño a veces tener que pensar en los jugadores principales de la alianza. Siempre he considerado que todos aportamos un granito de arena para hacer de SOH una alianza digna a la que enfrentarse (o, por el contrario, unirse). Si tengo que pensar en el núcleo duro de lo que es SOH hoy en día (teniendo en cuenta las personas que se irán en el próximo crosserver, al igual que las que vendrán), te mencionaría a Dionisia, Leosaw, KingCanada, Dalay, Blitzkrieg, Lightning Catcher, Grizz, PSLearner, Daniel, Peter, Viuda Negra, Andi y Lucifer.

Dionisia es una jugadora que siempre está muy motivada a la hora de hacer de SOH una mejor alianza. Es decir, siempre intenta traer nuevas ideas para que seamos más organizados sin perder la diversión. También es nuestra diplomática en jefe. Es una de las personas que más aportan en el liderazgo de la alianza. Nuestro contacto es casi permanente.

Leosaw es nuestro hombre de los planos y la información. Es un jugador un poco más experimentado que todos nosotros. Juega en un servidor un poco más viejo que el nuestro y ha participado de más islas que nosotros. Además, también está participando en BL ahora mismo. Lo cual es una ventaja para SOH. Pero no solo es una persona con mucha información ¡También es una persona muy inteligente y calmada!

KingCanada es un gran jugador y su palabra tiene mucho peso para los jugadores de nuestra alianza. Ha estado en dos islas con nosotros y tuvo un rol muy importante en la isla que ganamos. Definitivamente es un estratega.

Bueno, me gustaría hablar un poco de cada jugador. Siento que todos aportan su parte en hacer de SOH lo que es SOH. Incluso los jugadores que no he nombrado. Pero tampoco quiero ser cruel con nuestros lectores. A veces escribo demasiado. Supongo que es el mal del escritor. Sí, también me gusta escribir.

LOST ISLAND

BLITZKRIEG: Cuéntame sobre tus experiencias pasadas en Lost Island (lo bueno, lo malo y cuál fue tu parte favorita de estar en Lost Island):

SIRE: Oh, las islas han sido una montaña rusa. Perdimos la primera, ganamos la segunda, perdimos la tercera. Pero luego de cada isla nos volvimos más fuertes. Incluso nuestra derrota en la tercera isla fue una victoria para nosotros. Te contaré por qué.

Tuve una muy mala experiencia en la primera isla. Habían algunas personas muy egocéntricas en la alianza que arruinaron el buen clima interno. Y también sufrimos una traición de nuestro aliado PAL en ese momento ¿Sabes? He oído que hacen lo mismo en todas las islas.

En la tercera fue muy duro. Nos vimos involucrados en una serie de formación de alianzas, rompimiento de alianzas, traiciones, conspiraciones, entre muchas otras cosas. Pero peleamos muy duro hasta el final. Y nos ganamos el respeto de muchos jugadores y alianzas. Quiero destacar a nuestros dos aliados en esa isla: TIB e IMO. Lucharon junto a nosotros derramando hasta la última gota de su sangre a pesar de que la situación era injusta para nosotros tres.

Hoy en día, muchos jugadores de IMO y TIB están en SOH preparándose para Barren Lands. Combatiremos juntos de nuevo. También quiero mencionar que el resto de TIB también se ha unido a nuestro servidor recientemente, y creo que el futuro de nuestra amistad es realmente prometedor.

Mi parte favorita en la isla es pelear en equipo junto a mis camaradas. Es muy divertido. Y sabes que, aunque luches, al final recuperarás la mayoría de los recursos. Oh, mi otra parte favorita es ganar. Pero todos sabemos que lo normal es perder. Hay otras 7 alianzas que tienen posibilidades de quitarte el premio de las manos (incluso si eres la alianza más fuerte en la isla).

BLITZKRIEG: Si pudieras mejorar o cambiar algo en Lost Island, ¿qué sería?

SIRE: Si pudiera cambiar algo en la isla perdida…Creo que agregaría la posibilidad de hacer alianzas formales y que esas alianzas compartan el premio. Todos sabemos que en las islas las personas hacen alianzas. Pero muchas veces esos mismos aliados terminan sacándose los ojos y traicionando unos a otros por unos tontos premios. El formato de la isla crea un clima en el que casi nunca puedes confiar completamente en tu aliado. Sabes que la tensión es constante.

Otra cosa que me gustaría cambiar es que deberían existir muchos espacios en este nuevo rango (R0). Sinceramente, hay jugadores que te arruinan la isla y la diplomacia por desobedecer reglas. Y no puedes hacer nada para evitarlo. Entonces un R0 con espacios ilimitados solucionaría el problema(aunque se redujera tu número de jugadores funcionales).

BLITZKRIEG: Entiendo que SOH ganó recientemente su evento Lost Island. ¿Puedes decirnos cómo pudiste lograr este increíble logro? ¿Cuál fue la estrategia que utilizaste?

SIRE: Nuestra segunda isla. Me encanta recordarla. La disfruté mucho. Nos llamábamos Laugh Tale(LxT) en ese entonces. Cuando ganamos, todos estabamos muy contentos y nos sentíamos en la cima del mundo. Realmente ganar una isla es un momento indescriptible. Quizás es una emoción parecida a cuando tu país gana una copa mundial de fútbol(salvando las distancias). Pero esta vez los responsables de ganarla son tus compañeros y tú. Y sabes que ganarla no es fácil. Es decir… Es un logro de tu alianza y todos lo llevarán en su corazón por siempre.

Además, ganar una isla suele consolidar el grupo. Todo es bueno
Si tuviera que mencionar qué cosas hicieron que nosotros ganaramos la isla creo que diría que elegimos bien a nuestros aliados en la zona de las maravillas. Pero también elegimos bien en qué momentos luchar. Luchar es divertido. Pero debes tener gasolina para el final. O perderás.

También utilizamos un cronograma para nuestras torres planificado por Leosaw que funcionó a la perfección y mantuvo el orden (ya que dividía los horarios en tres franjas, abarcando todas nuestras poblaciones). Al final, las 8 alianzas sometimos al azar la primera captura del árbol, y lo obtuvo JPN del servidor #595. Empezó a destruir todas las torres poco a poco(lo cual era un movimiento lógico) luego de que la “rotación” terminara y ellos recuperasen el control del árbol.

El acuerdo había sido que, al finalizar la rotación, cada alianza podría actuar como quisiera. Una de las alianzas se encerró en su propia zona inicial. Las otras 6 alianzas decidimos unirnos y quitarle el árbol a JPN. Y lo logramos, jugando en equipo. Luego de eliminar sus torres del árbol, atacamos el árbol de JPN el último día en la última hora de la isla. Todos a la vez. LxT lo obtuvo. Pero, a excepción de nuestro fiel aliado YoY, las demás alianzas decidieron atacar nuestro árbol también. Tuvimos que defenderlo durante 20 “largos” minutos. Fueron los minutos más intensos de nuestra vida en The Ants. Pero ganamos.

Quiero agradecer a YoY y a su líder Muscle Suguru nuevamente por haber sido grandes aliados en la isla, y por ayudarnos a defender el árbol cuando todo el mundo nos lo quería quitar.

BARREN LAND

BLITZKRIEG: Sé que todos están emocionados por el nuevo evento de Barren Land. ¿Cómo se está preparando para este evento y cuáles son sus expectativas?

SIRE: Definitivamente tienes razón. Todos estamos muy emocionados por Barren Lands. Hay demasiadas expectativas. Creo que BL viene a corregir algunas falencias de Lost Island. Pero además, creo que será algo muy novedoso para todos los jugadores.

Bueno, creo que ya hablé un poco de esto. Lamento ser repetitivo. Pero hemos reclutado un gran número de jugadores muy activos y muy fuertes para este nuevo evento. Muchos de ellos fueron(y algunos aún lo son) de TIB e IMO.

También estamos pensando en nuevas estrategias para organizarnos. Pero es difícil prevenir cualquier falencia hasta finalmente experimentar Barren Lands por primera vez. Incluso teniendo información por adelantado gracias a nuestros jugadores que participan de servidores que ya están participando de BL.

BLITZKRIEG: Barren Land tendrá tres alianzas trabajando juntas como una sola facción. ¿Cuáles cree que serán las posibles ventajas y desventajas de trabajar con otras dos alianzas?

SIRE: Claramente una de las ventajas es que sabes que tu aliado no va a traicionarte. Además, será divertido ya que los duelos serán relativamente justos. Es decir…No habrá 2 vs 3, por ejemplo. O 5 vs 3.

Pero también tendrá sus desventajas. De por sí, incluso en tu propia alianza hay “egos” y también opiniones muy diferentes que incluso a veces desafían tu liderazgo. Imagínate a tres alianzas unidas en un mismo chat discutiendo cual es el mejor camino a seguir. Claramente será difícil ponerse de acuerdo en algunas ocasiones. Y eso puede ser una gran desventaja.

Otra desventaja que encuentro es el asunto del horario de paz. Diablos, imagínate que tus otros dos aliados voten por un horario que a tu alianza no le conviene. La mayor parte del tiempo que estás conectado no podrías hacer nada.

CLAUSURA

BLITZKRIEG: ¿Hay algún otro comentario o inquietud que le gustaría agregar sobre Lost Island o Barren Land?

SIRE: Hay una situación que me inquieta mucho. Creo que a veces es confuso saber cuándo empieza un evento o cuándo se desbloquea la isla o las tierras baldías. Sucedió cuando estábamos esperando la primera isla. Y sucede ahora con Barren Lands. Y estoy seguro de que esto también lo están experimentando los servidores que aún no han tenido su primera isla. Creo que sería algo muy bueno si el juego especificara la fecha exacta en que comienza el registro para ese evento en particular. Las alianzas podrían prepararse de mejor manera para estos eventos tan divertidos que nos ofrece el juego.

Nota especial - Por último, si me permites, quiero saludar a todos mis amigos y compañeros de SOH. Cada uno de ustedes es muy importante para mí y para la alianza. Me encanta el grupo que estamos formando. Todos son grandes personas. Gracias por todo lo que hacen día a día por y para la alianza. Espero que nos sigamos divirtiendo tanto como lo hemos hecho hasta ahora. Los quiero mucho.

BLITZKRIEG: Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para hacer esta entrevista, Sire. Espero construir esta alianza y servidor contigo. Hay muchas personas excelentes en SOH y me siento privilegiado de llamarlos a todos mi nueva familia. También me gustaría dar un agradecimiento especial a ViudaNegra por traerme a esta increíble alianza. Estoy emocionado de ver lo que podemos hacer en los eventos y en nuestro servidor.

10 Likes

La entrevista ha sido increíble Blitz. Fue muy emocionante en todo aspecto responder algunas preguntas. Es un placer para mí formar parte de la misma familia ahora. No tengo dudas de que nos esperan(y haremos) grandes cosas juntos en Barren Lands y en el futuro cercano!!!

6 Likes

Great interview Blitz, I can see your dedication to asking the questions and creating a thread to make a great story with the interview, Pleasantly surprised. I will wait for more post like this :smiley:

2 Likes