Interview: JennYoung R4 RoP S470

Interview with JennYoung from (Rop) Rise Of The Pheonix from S 470

I, Darling will be interviewing Miss JennYoung about her alliance's previous Race Of Champions event.

Darling:

Greetings, let us commence with a formal introduction. Kindly provide an overview of both your personal background and the distinctive attributes of your alliance.

JennYoung

Hello, and it’s a pleasure to be here. I’m Jenn, proudly representing Group III’s s470 RoP, the Rise of the Phoenix. RoP isn’t just an alliance; it’s my second home, a tight-knit family that’s been with me through all the twists and turns of life. What sets us apart? It’s the bond we share - a unique connection that makes us stand out from the rest. I’m continually inspired by the humility and unwavering dedication of each member. In RoP, we don’t just face challenges; we conquer them together, fueled by an unyielding spirit that refuses to give up. It’s not just an alliance; it’s a journey of resilience, camaraderie, and shared victories. And that’s what makes RoP truly exceptional…

Darling:

For what duration have you been affiliated with this alliance, and could you elucidate on the distinguishing allure it holds for you?

JennYoung

Been together with most of them for nearly 2.5 years I would say. We traveled together across different servers and met more amazing friends who followed us to the server we are currently at s470. We went through lots of hardships but got back together and are much stronger than before. It’s nothing but the love that keeps us all together and I am so glad I got to meet these amazing people who always support each other.

23C588CA-4881-4685-B177-804077E479BC

Darling:

What are your reflections on the Barren Land event?

JennYoung

Barren land is an amazing event where we get to work with different clans as a team to beat the opponent camp and obtain victory for our camp. It provides an opportunity for strategic gameplay and teamwork.
The event requires lots of coordinations for attacks on the opponents tower/buildings, and also for defending our own towers/buildings . Despite the challenges, it was rewarding to see the alliances come together, overcome obstacles, and achieve success. The event added an exciting dynamic to the game and encouraged effective communication and collaboration. The most fun part is hatching them cool season ants. Although I seem to be unlucky getting the good ones Im still happy with what I get haha. :slight_smile:

Darling:

Describe your most recent experience participating in the Barren Land event.

JennYoung

We’re currently on the Barren Land event that kicked off on Christmas 2023, and the journey has been so exciting! Our camp reigns supreme in all the clash area, and we’re making waves.
Today’s match brought additional excitement. We had very limited space for our players to join the battle with the opponent. The opponent had the advantage where they could teleport easily due to an earlier residence capture, they believed they were winning. However, we emerged victorious, not only defeating them but also taking their residence.
Our campmates this season are fantastic, working together seamlessly for another win. Even our opponents this season are impressive and respectful. It’s heartening to witness all three clans in our camp giving their all until the very last ant. Truly blessed to have such amazing teammates. This stands out as one of our best Barren Lands event.

7294B3F5-ECDA-4F0E-B1F0-60B8ACFAE676

Darling:

Elaborate on the strategic approach that your alliance adopts for these events.

JennYoung

In Rop we’ve got lots of strategies we use during barren. Few among them are as follows:

• We encourage all our players to focus on getting higher nodes so they could improve their honor ranking. Higher ranking the more fungi and ants to fight.
  • To ensure maximum players get rewarded and not just the one whos rallying while taking low lvl buildings on home zone, we ensure all players use t1/t2s on all their troops for the first round. We have our ralliers untick the depart when march is full box when rallying so they could check everyone has just t1/2.
  • We all have a set of troops with t1/t2 and another set with our full troops so it’s easier to switch while joining/doing rallies at homezone for buildings.
  • We inform our players inadvance when we are gonna have a long battle. This allows them to manage their stamina wisely, ensuring they’re ready and available to contribute effectively during big battles.
  • Our skilled diplomat plays a crucial role in tower placements. By marking efficient paths, we minimize clay wastage, ensuring a strategic use of resources and a more effective overall approach.
  • Our r4s keep everyone busy with something to do when protection lifts. They never fail to be present during battles no matter what the situation.
  • Our leader has been a strong pillar of support for all of us. He motivates us to do our best and have fun and also rewards us based on our performances on the event during each stage.

This approach not only maximizes our success in events but also strengthens the unity and commitment within the alliance.

6532BBEF-9CC9-4210-83E3-733440A34A3D

Darling:

How does your alliance navigate interactions with adversarial alliances?

JennYoung

In handling interactions with adversarial alliances, our approach is rooted in diplomacy, strategy, and mutual respect.
We respect all players and by all players I mean even our opponents. We believe in fostering a positive environment, and it’s heartening to see that our adversaries appreciate our sportsmanship. In fact, some opponents were so impressed by our conduct during the event that they decided to join our clan in the following season. This mutual respect creates meaningful connections and friendships, turning adversarial encounters into opportunities to meet incredible people and enrich our gaming experience.

Darling:

Kindly elaborate on the most remarkable occurrences that transpired during this Barren Land, encompassing both positive and unfavorable events.

JennYoung

Remarkable occurrences during this Barren Land I would say we were blessed with outstanding campmates who collaborated effectively. We met lots of cool people both on our camp as well on the opponents side with amazing backgrounds who never failed to keep the season chat vibrant and always made us all laugh.

This barren land both camps had different protection time. Our opponents had theirs starting at reset 00:00 UTC and we had ours at 08:00 UTC. This helped us have an advantage to build or occupy the wonder before they could.

Also one of the clan from the opponent camp used this really interesting technique to block the path making it difficult to place the next tower on the right spot. Kinda annoying but really smart move.

The most fun part of barren land is hatching some good season ants, really hoping that we get the ants that we desire with fingers crossed.

On the unfavorable side, there were instances in past Barren Land events where we had to work with campmates who were less cooperative and pursued their own agendas.

IMG_0574

Darling:

To what extent do you believe your alliance exerted influence on the dynamics of the Barren Land?

JennYoung

Our alliance may appear smaller in size compared to others, but we consistently prove to be the toughest through the unity we have among ourselves. Our clan includes formidable heavy hitters who play pivotal roles in battles. It’s amusing to note that even opponents often urge our players to go to sleep in the season chat, hoping for an easier victory. Most events, our opponents attempt to avoid facing us directly, opting to engage with the other two clans in our camp. We’re always prepared to assist our campmates whenever they seek our support.

Darling:

In retrospect, what alterations would you have made if given the opportunity to approach things differently?

JennYoung

We are doing a really good job very proud of my family, if I had to choose I would focus on optimizing our stamina usage even better, ensuring that players are strategically utilizing their stamina for extended battles.

Darling:

Last but not least, what guidance would you impart to novice players who are either new to or contemplating their initial participation in Barren Land?

JennYoung

For the budding adventurers stepping into the realm of Barren Land, I would tell of the exciting journey they are about to experience. First and foremost, about the landscape – understand the rules, the strategies, and how unity is very important. Each and every player in the clan is important irrespective of their size or strength.
Help them with their initial battles so they gain confidence and have fun on their own feet.

Thank you for your time,

Darling

5 Likes