Caramel Series

Caramel Series

๐—–๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—Ÿ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—”๐—ฏ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ - Written by Caramel.
Meet Caramel, a young and aspiring writer hailing from Indonesia. Her love for heavy genre films and novels, particularly thrillers and action, has inspired her to pursue her passion for writing. However, when it comes to romance and horror, she admits that sheโ€™s not a fan. Caramel has recently penned the first chapter of her latest novel titled โ€œChanges in Land of Abundance,โ€ promising to take readers on a thrilling adventure. Caramel is definitely a name to watch out for in the world of genre fiction. (edited)

โ€œThere was another 6.9 earthquake that caused considerable damage on the Pearl Island. Fairy is talking with the officials of the Land of Abudance to resolve this problem.โ€

This news was everywhere this morning. On the train station screens, on the street billboards, on TV and even the street traffic lights. Some people walking by occasionally looked up to read the news.

โ€œCaramel hurry, or youโ€™ll be late for your first day of school today.โ€ mom said angrily.

I quickly ran down the stairs to dining room. I saw mom and dad sitting at the dining table. Dad is going to work at Conch Stronghold today.

โ€œMy beautiful daughter, come here. If you can behave well on your first day of school, I promise to give you a gift that you like.โ€

I shouted happily, โ€œYeayy, I want the same doll as Cesinha.โ€

โ€œAlright alright, so be good at school today so you can get it.โ€

We began to eat the food that mom made. When itโ€™s 6 oโ€™clock, mom told me to hurry up and get on the subway. Dad was going with his coworkers in a flying car.

We walked to the subway station 200 meters away from our house. When mom and I arrived at the station, there were many people who were going to board the train today. From those going to work, going to school, or going on vacation. There was a call from the train station that the train to Starfish Island was about to depart. My mother and I quickly ran to the train car.

As I started to sit down, I heard the same news presenterโ€™s voice from earlier in the day, โ€œA number of earthquakes measuring 6.5 - 8.9 have occurred in several places in the Land of Abudance. I hope everyone will be cautious in responding to this matter.โ€

What is this? Many earthquakes have occurred at once in one day. I hope it doesnโ€™t mess up my first day of school.

A sharp sound โ€œCITTTTโ€“โ€ echoed throughout the train carriages. The train suddenly braked forcibly. 8 cars crashed into each other and hit the wall of the aisle.

As passengers started screaming for help. The electricity on the train went out. Some people tried to look at their cell phones to see if there was a signal, to no avail.

There was another earthquake that shook the place we were in violently. It caused the train to tilt and injured many passengers. There were cries from the injured passengers for help.

The door of the carriage suddenly opened, an officer came in and said, โ€œAll passengers get off quickly and leave the injured here. Hurry up!โ€

Mom quickly picked me up and ran towards the evacuation route with the surviving passengers. When we got there, there were only stairs and a small hole that could fit two people.

โ€œPlease give priority to the elderly and children first. You little ones go up first.โ€

I quickly went up followed by the other children.

The earthquake came again!!!

I saw my mother down there, reaching out my hand to her wanting to return to her.

โ€œDonโ€™t look down Caramel, hurry up! Wait for mom up there, OK?โ€

I quickly nodded and climbed the stairs quickly. When I almost reached the top, the earthquake came again. A girl quickly pulled me up so I wouldnโ€™t fall down.

This earthquake is more powerful than before. Causing the aisle walls to collapse and bury the passengers who were still down there. From below could be heard the screams of the families buried under the pit.

I who realized immediately shouted sadly trying to go back to the hole looking for my mother, โ€œMom, Mom, Mom, my mother is still there, donโ€™t keep me from looking for her.โ€

The girl who pulled me earlier quickly held me back and hugged me tightly, โ€œNo, youโ€™ll die if you go there.โ€

โ€œNoโ€ฆ momโ€ฆโ€ I cried out in a sob.

The blond man patted my back lightly, โ€œMy brother just fell there too. We could have left 15 minutes earlier so they wouldnโ€™t be buried there. But they had to wait for me who woke up late.โ€ he said.

The three of us were silent as we looked around their beautiful city had been destroyed by the earthquake.

Tickโ€ฆ
Tickโ€ฆ
Tickโ€ฆ

The sound of rain falling soaked the ground we stepped on. Accompanied by the cries of humans who had lost everything.