Ant Combat Skill Question

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I’m wondering how the special ant combat skills with multiple targets work. Take the Bullet Ant for example, his second skill has a range of three and targets two enemy lines within effective range. If I theoretically put the Bullet ant in my third slot, the only enemy line within range would be the first line. If the skill triggered, would it hit the front line twice?

1 Like

@Mr.Death
Hello . This is my personal opinion based on my experiences
Your question is an interesting one and has always been one of my challenges
Unfortunately the reports don’t specify which skill is activated, but I’ll give an example to explain what I understand. Pay attention to the Three pictures below

It was interesting. Coincidentally, the number of skills released in line 3 for test number one, which is not suitable for this ant, is almost twice the number of skills in line one, which is suitable for this ant. But the amount of skill damage is higher in lane one
Actually what I understand is that the effective range doesn’t mean it won’t work, it just means that the skill damage will be more effective.

Of course, this is just my understanding and I would like to know what other people think about this

1 Like

Aight. Preciate this! That’s actually a briliant way to test that I never thought of before :sweat_smile:. I’ll hold off on unlocking other combat skills on my Bullet Ant until I get tertiary leadership and I’ll give it a test too. I can report back with my finds. Thx again

2 Likes

Aight. Sorry for the delay, I’m on a new anthill and i forgot how long it takes to unlock tertiary leadership :sweat_smile:. Imma start this report by explaining the ant I used and his ability just so we’re on the same page. I used the Bullet Ant (BA), and I only have his first combat skill unlocked which follows:

"Target: 2 random enemy squads withing effective range.

Effective range: 3

Has 50% chance to deal 144% (+ special ant level *1%) damage to two random enemy squads within effective range."

I was unable to find a willing partner to test this out for pvp, so I started testing him against lizzards. When placed in rhe front line (the recommended line for BA) his skills did considerable damage. However, the 9 times I rallied with him in the back line, his skill did not activate. I’m not sure if this was my bad luck, or some mechanic with lizzard rallies. I accidentally assaulted a level 15 Hermit Crab with this formation, and the skill triggered and did damage. I found these first tests to be inconclusive, and was almost ready to quit when something caught my eye, the pangolin event. While he had the same weakness attribute, I spent 5 of my battles with BA in each ant slot and found the results to be intriguing.

Front line (Five seperate attacks):
Activates: 6, 7, 3, 2, 4
Damage: 265,602. 309,869. 132,801. 88,534. 177,068.
(Respectively)

Middle line:
Activations: 4, 5, 3, 4, 3.
Skill damage: 298,764. 373,455. 224,073. 298,764. 224,073.
(Also Respectively)

Back line:
Activations: 4, 4, 2, 3, 3,
Skill damage: 149,382. 149,382. 74,691. 112,036. 112,036
(Again, respectively)

Remember, these skills are all the same one on BA.
While sometimes the skills were activated more on the front line, the skills and damage seemed to get more even, and less swingy the further back you went in formation. The way the damage decreased as you went back though makes me wonder whether the skills did indeed only attack once, despite being able to target multiple lines

1 Like

Hello. I admire your effort to calculate the performance of the skills
I hope the attached image will help you more

1 Like

Aight, thanks for the info graphic!

1 Like