[Record Post] A discreet server , INT/CRU , Cooperative work between alliances on the Lost Island. Lost Island S2 (Batch 4)

Lost Island Diary Season 2
30/08:
The Lost Island event was quite expected on our server. However, some people, considering the previous season, did not want to participate. We only have 3 active alliances on the server, so grouping all our participants together would have been a good thing to allow us to work together. At least that’s what I think.
In order to participate in the island and to relaunch our server, I was able to recover an old empty alliance that used to be one of the strongest alliances. This would allow the participants to be grouped together in it but I don’t know if the other alliances would agree to this. I had also started recruiting from the previous official migration despite the fact that many feared a potential influx of pirates, and it paid off. Yesterday, when the preview was opened, I had contact with other players who were probably very motivated to participate. On top of that they are strong and have won their first season on the island, which would be a real plus for our server. But we still have to organize ourselves on the island. It would be nice if we could be decided by Wednesday so that we have all the necessary information about our organisation that I can pass on to our potential newcomers. I hope that this cooperation will go well.
From what I could see in the preview, there are a lot of similarities with the previous island but some additions have been made such as the alliance resource tiles, the Goby or the healing system which I read is based on mushrooms. Some feedback I’ve seen has explained that the mushroom healing system is particularly long. We’ll see when we get to the island.
As for the rewards, they look very good, there is a particular interest in the special ants. It’s a shame that all the special ants we usually get in the hatching are not available.

3 Likes

Good luck …
And try to have fun on the event

Lost Island Diary Season 2
31/08 :
The organisation for the island is finally in place, our new players can come, they are very motivated. We are just waiting for the opening of the cross-server invitations so they can come and then we will all gather in the same alliance. We are very excited to start the island.

1 Like

Lost Island Diary Season 2 :
5/09 :
The time has come, the registration period has opened and the server invitations with it. The alliance leaving for the island was able to open its recruitment without any problems. My alliance with fewer players with T8 troops was not so lucky, especially since we had to exclude some strong players due to some problems beforehand. Also, my R5 was king but couldn’t open the CSI, so I got the R5 position back, now we just have to organize with the other alliances to fulfill the prerequisites and open the recruitment so we can welcome more players and bring them to the alliance that will go to the island. This cooperation between alliances that we were looking for on the server is going pretty well for the moment, let’s hope we have enough players to open the recruitment before the end. As for the reception of players, despite a successful recruitment with a group of players, they did not come and did not even warn us. This is a pity. But no time to mope, we had to recruit, maybe we’ll manage to get enough new players for the island, otherwise we might have one less alliance on the server…

1 Like

6/09 :
After it was discovered that the players who were supposed to come would not come, it was difficult to recruit. Normally every player knows where he has to go because recruitment is done in advance, it is difficult to recruit at the last moment in a hurry. Fortunately, the CRU alliance with whom we will be going to the island has managed to find a group of about 20 players, so we can have more peace of mind now. The difficulty remains to open the csi at INT to be able to welcome more players but I’m sure we’ll manage, and once we’ve filled a maximum of space, we’ll be able to send all the volunteers from INT to CRU and we’ll all leave together for a great adventure!

1 Like

09/09 :
In the last few days we managed to recruit about 50 players thanks to the cooperation of INT and CRU, we managed to open the recruitment at INT on Tuesday and all the players could join CRU the next day. On the other hand, we had the bad surprise to see that the players who arrived at CRU on Wednesday would not have access to the pangolin ranking rewards, which is a shame.
So we were able to get together and conduct our first expedition and it went very well, we had a lot of fun. I even met up with someone I had contacted for the migration!
The expedition was intense and exciting, which augurs very well for the island

1 Like

16/09 :
The day finally arrived, our island leader was able to select the area she wanted for the island, we got the pink area with the crab. We were also able to start getting to know our opponents for the island. There was CRU, NiR, SOG, VVV, TKO, LOS, HAN and PEA. The VVV are apparently old friends of some of the players we recruited, they would have crossed paths on the previous island. The TKO seem nice, one of their players seemed interested to give his testimonies. Little contact with other alliances at the moment, NiR seems to be an Italian alliance. The matchmaking seems to be quite balanced, the powers are equal, each alliance has between 2G and almost 3G of power.

1 Like

19/09 :
We finally arrived on the island this morning. The seasonal chat seems very active whatever the time of day, it was already talking about passing the tree so that each alliance can have the reward of occupying the opulent tree. The HANs are already at 20,000 points, apparently their buildings are a little closer together than on other initial zones so they could make a few more fortresses. As for CRU, we have access to a back zone and a neutral zone to access the central zone, making a total of 3 potential wonders. But we must first acquire the level 11 troops which will be unlocked after several season milestones, so possibly in a week. And this story of limited number of turns is very annoying, especially with the clay limit per alliance… The atmosphere in the alliance chat is good, I’m happy that the cooperation is going well. The only thing we need is a bit of organization so as not to attack the fortresses with the grace of a Gallic village doped up with magic potion rushing on a Roman patrol!

As for our server, it has become calmer, it must undoubtedly create a nice void with one alliance less out of the 3 in total. That’s a lot less anthills. For some, the island is not a place to get strong despite the rewards one can get.

1 Like

19/09 : (Part 2)
We started harvesting today in order to have our points for tomorrow and an idea came to me: The alliance tiles on the island are very practical because there is no need to fight between us to have high level tiles which are limited in number on the server. There, compared to the quantity of resources, it would be an equivalent of level 8 tiles. But in my opinion it would be good to import this system of alliance tiles on the servers to facilitate harvesting. And to make this system more fun, the alliance tiles could be placed by R4 or R5, they would then start at level 1 and by a donation system like alliance evolutions, these tiles could level up, increasing the amount of harvestable resources.

1 Like

22/09 :
The last few days have been very hectic: we started with a small level 5 building but it was so easy that we finished it in 10 minutes, then we tackled a level 6 building but it didn’t take much longer and there again we were asking for more. There was so much motivation in the alliance, and we were also stronger than on the first island so that helped a lot. We did a level 7 settlement in 15 minutes, we were so excited. Yesterday we did the wonder of our initial area, the crab ruin. I had estimated that we would do it in 30min but in the end 20min was enough to take it down. We were the first to get our wonder. The next buildings were quite far away and we had to plan what to do next. We have two choices: the twin conchs area at the top blocked by a reinforced level 5 passage, and the level 7 passage at the bottom, also reinforced, which leads to the strategic area. We saw that one of our neighbours seemed to be in a hurry to reach this area too so we decided to go for the level 7 passage while keeping an eye on the upper area. We intend to get our 3 wonders. The construction of our towers is going well, maybe tomorrow we will be in front of the level 7 passage. It remains to be seen whether we attempt an attack while it is reinforced or whether we wait two weeks…

2 Likes

23/09 :
A little scare during the night: our blue neighbours, the NiR, tried passage 5 towards the twin conch area while it was still reinforced. Our neighbours tried everything but after 10 minutes, barely half a million soldiers had been defeated. They wouldn’t show a report but the only thing they told us was that the stats of the garrisoned soldiers had probably never been reached by a player. We knew strong players in the past, but to reach this level of appreciation, never. So we decided to stop our advance towards the level 7 passage, also reinforced, and this morning we made our way to the lvl 5 passage closest to the wonder of the twin conches. Once there, one of our players attempted an attack and shared the report with us. The only thing to say was that we certainly couldn’t pass it. Even our strongest player didn’t have half the stats of the soldiers garrisoned in the passage. So we’ll eventually build towers to a level 7 settlement and save our clay carefully afterwards to allow us to advance to the wonder when the time comes.

1 Like

27/09 :
Today is a great day: we have succeeded in taking the wonder located in the neutral zone of the twin conches. But now, our blue neighbour NiR and our orange neighbour PEA are both coveting our territory so we are sandwiched, we try to push NiR back and then we will push PEA back. We have to hurry to secure the territory because in a week, the level of the passages 7 will drop and it will be a race for the wonder of the strategic place. On top of that we will have a lot of lairs to recover and a path to the passages to finish.
But our priority is to find a way to push back the NiR.
On their side, HAN and LOS are fighting for a passage since this morning.

1 Like

05/10 :
A lot of time has passed, we have fought hard against our neighbouring alliances NIR and PEA. The NirR had managed to take the wonder of the neutral zone from us but we were able to recover it and even push our opponents back to the nearest lair. Afterwards, a peace pact was made. Meanwhile, the AEPs were able to cross our zone and go into the neutral zone to try to recover some buildings. We were able to push them back a bit but they still have 3 towers left. No doubt we will remove them soon. Many tensions had erupted because of conflicts related to the server or to the strategies to adopt. This seems to have calmed down a bit now.
This morning at 00:00 UTC we passed the level 7 tunnel and were able to enter the strategic zone. Our neighbour PEA also coveted this area, so we had to hurry up and build to go take lairs to block them and take the wonder. In the afternoon, the AEP tried to approach the wonder but we managed to block them at a strong settlement. It was quite reassuring to know that the wonder could not be reached directly. The last pieces of clay were hard to come by. Now that we have shown that we know how to defend ourselves, the wars seem to be a little less numerous, but they are no less intense.

04/11 :
After many adventures, much tension in the alliance, many buildings lost and then hard won, we finally managed with the few troops and resources we had left to recover the tree and defend it until the end of the counter. We were able to enjoy the rewards of the opulent tree grpace at the rotation just before. Oddly enough the return was fairly peaceful and quiet whereas I would have expected an almost bloody war with 0’s all around. Our new players will finally return to the island and invite their friends. So we’ll have a few more people on the server. The resurrection of the server is slowly but surely progressing. This island is a good opportunity to bring in players, too bad there is no official migration for us at the moment.

1 Like

My little assessment of the island:
At the beginning I found the clay limit quite annoying but after a few tricks and a good organisation you can finally get away with it. 4000 clay also seems quite expensive to build in areas other than the initial one, or else you would have to increase the number of clay that a player can bring back. The overall turn limit might be a problem on the end of the island. Maybe increase the limit? The number of places in the towers is a real problem because with only 10 places, not everyone can go there to do their seasonal mission.

For the fortresses and other buildings, all the territories do not offer an easy access to the buildings which is a pity because it influences a lot on the alliance influence points. Their difficulty is also not adapted according to the level of the players of the alliance (we can go from 2min for the smallest haunts to 15-20min for the biggest haunts and passages, and only 30min for the opulent tree when there are no alliances to prevent us from taking the tree at the same time. (NB: these times are valid with a good team, we were lucky to have a good one) Needless to say, with such poor times we call some of the haunts “chips” or “appetizers”, which says a lot.

For the tiles, it’s simple, there are few and waiting for the terminals to improve them is very long. On the other hand, there were too many tiles in the areas close to the opulent tree, so it was difficult to place yourself. Adding more tiles (level 6 and up mainly) in the initial zone or allowing them to be upgraded more quickly would be a good thing (being able to upgrade them from 8 to 9 too).

Hornets are the same: too few and not enough in level 18 and up in particular (hornets are profitable in resin from lvl 18, below it is more profitable to make gecko 40). To access more hornets, taking passages is essential but it doesn’t make up for the lack of 100%. The hornet chests on weekends as well as the resource chests make my inventory and my stocks very happy.
In terms of the alliances we faced, in our case the matchmaking was quite balanced even if in some alliances we found ourselves facing 2-3 p2w that put us in a bad position. The matchmaking can’t be 100% perfect, but it is much better than the first version.

I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to do this, but I’m sure I’ll be able to do it in the next few weeks. I had left almost empty on the island and I came back anyway with several hundred million of each resource.

For pvp, the initial zone buffs are very good for protection and help in the fight against the invading p2w: I validate even if sometimes it’s not enough to compensate.

Main problems encountered apart from these points:
A lot of display problems, especially in towers and territories, need to clear the cache regularly to solve them. Geckos are also still visible after being defeated. Many visual bugs reported on the seasonal soldier ants mission (don’t panic, the mission is still completed when the count is good).

Lack of clarity on the stats in the combat reports (the guard reinforcement bonus does not appear for creatures located at long distances). The principle of a combat report is to put all the buffs that take place during the whole combat.

Goby attrociously expensive in stamina: requires 30 stamina for only 1000 points reported at most. Only 20M of damage are necessary for that but the big players make 100M which represents a true waste. more especially as if my memories are good, it was necessary to make a total of 10 000 points and thus to use 300 stamina for one day of gobie. Which over 4 days makes 1,200 stamina for a maximum of 4 island eggs.

By speaking eggs in your hands: too few eggs with very little chance of having island ants! I could just reach the 100th egg for free a few days before the end and in the end I never had any orange island ants during the 30th hatching (they came a little bit later) all this to get ants that are not necessarily terrible. The classic orange eggs are also missing and don’t necessarily allow you to do your Thursday SvS peacefully. Also, very little possibility to make orange hatchlings or it means sacrificing the island eggs.

1 Like